Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up a Google family account, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] A recent development…is the ability to build a sharing account…that reflects the relationship of most families.…Let's look at those options and consider…the security concerns.…In a family account, there are parent accounts…called family managers and children accounts called members.…We'll look at how to set up family sharing,…but before we do, I'd like to make one point.…All that you share is only as secure as…the weakest synced account.…Don't add sharing accounts you cannot also secure.…If we open up a browser…and go to families.google.com, we'll find this.…
We're logged in as Billy the adult…and we'll click get started.…We need to create a family group.…For demonstration purposes,…I've created a child account called Billy the kid.…I need to invite Billy the kid to share…this account with me.…I'll enter his email address here, add recipient,…scroll down, select send.…Now I'll go to the family group.…Here you can see myself as the family manager…and my invitation to Billy the kid.…
I'm going to go sign in as Billy the kid…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.