Learn about service governance tools.
- [Instructor] Like resource governance, service governance is just basically another layer down and these tools maybe work with resource governance tools and certainly some resource governance tools will have some service governance features and some service governance tools will have some research governance features but these are really focused on low-level APIs or services dealing with the way in which we're communicating with Cloud which is typically through APIs or web services and the ability to place policy control on top of these services. This is important, first and foremost that we may end up deploying services that are leveraged by multiple systems and perhaps systems that are outside our control and we want to make sure that the systems are, in essence, going to be protected and the APIs are going to be serviced correctly.
So, ultimately, this is about controlling the interfaces into the particular systems, the applications, the data, or, sometimes the public Cloud. So, back to a new chart, we have Service Governance on top and we have Abstraction which is basically common to different governance kinds of tools because we're trying to remove ourselves from the complexity and we have a repository of policies that we're able to control and store and basically layer rules upon different services that are in the particular Cloud based system and it could be services that are externalized by the native public Cloud that we're dealing with such as storage, pushing things onto a queue, things like that, perhaps doing a credit check if we're leveraging some service from a SAS space provider and then we may have services that are application specific, things that are native to our particular applications that we may have built.
So, the idea is that the service governance layer is able to communicate and deal with and control access to any types of services that are in the public Cloud and also many of them also work with on premises enterprise systems as well. So, using this, this provides us with the capability to control and keep a secure Cloud-based system by protecting services from abuse.
- Cloud governance basics
- Cloud resource governance
- How cloud security and governance are linked
- Defining governance policies
- Cloud management platform basics
- Reviewing service governance tools
- Cloud governance costs
- Understanding your requirements
- Finding the right tools
- Testing cloud governance
- How operations deals with governance