Learn about what framework models are used that help define the industry, and how they help define the components.
- There are various service desk structures and models…that are implemented all around the world.…I'm often asked which one is the best.…Well there's no best or right or wrong…when it comes to service desk structures and models.…It is really going to be dependent…on the type, size, and role of the service desk…within the organization.…As we discussed in our previous video,…the service desk started out as many separate individuals…supporting technology.…That individual support model has evolved…into a single point of contact model…that can be comprised of a variety of different structures.…
The size, scope, and breadth of support needed…has changed dramatically since the 1980s.…The service desk is defined as a functional group…that receives and resolves incidents, service requests,…and request for information.…The goal for many service desks, but not all,…is managing the incident through to resolution…and the request through to fulfillment.…This means that a service desk manages the incident…and ensures that the customer is satisfied…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.