Join Fancy Mills for an in-depth discussion in this video Self-service components, part of IT Service Desk: Management Fundamentals.
- Let's talk self service now.…So what processes can be enabled via a service…management system?…Let's look at examples using a scenario based model.…When a customer has an incident to be resolved,…or a request to be fulfilled,…the customer can engage a customer facing…knowledge base in the self service portal…to look for answers and source the service catalog…to initiate a request.…If the answer is fulfilled via a knowledge article…using the knowledge base,…a record is created and documented in the service…management system.…
If a request is made via the service catalog,…the request can be automatically created…and sent to the proper channels…for approving and creating tasks and work orders…to start the fulfillment process directly…with those that need to be involved.…The ticket can also be sent directly to the service desk…to own the request if the organization chooses to do so.…When you see the knowledge base for assisting the customer,…the knowledge base can be housed as part of the…service management system or a third party tool…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.