IoT is an emerging technology that is expanding quickly with huge gaps in security, including vulnerabilities such as malware, DDoS attacks, and the potential to disrupt infrastructure.
- [Narrator] The term security correlates to a number…of different concepts including…free from danger or threat,…feeling safe, stable,…and have peace of mind.…After 25 years of what we currently know,…we now shift to the Internet of Things,…an emerging technology.…Many are embracing the IoT,…yet very few understand…how to secure the billions of IoT devices.…
In addition to providing thermostat control…for our homes, monitoring our fitness, and turning…our lights on at night, the Internet of Things,…is influential and critical infrastructure such as…utility grids and communication systems.…A cyber attack on those systems…will have major consequences.…An Attack Surface represents any known or unknown…vulnerability across an area of exposure.…
With the IoT, we are connecting many vulnerable devices.…And increasing the attack surface and potentially…impacting a local network, or even the entire Internet.…impacting a local network, or even the entire Internet.…The potential for cyberattacks along with…compromising privacy is increasing due to…
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.