Learn how VMware does security.
- [Male Instructor] What's important to remember…about security with vCloud private cloud…is that security is focused on traditional approaches.…If you're looking for advanced security…you can certainly find it with third products,…but if you're looking for something that's more traditional…in nature that may integrate with your existing enterprise…then vCloud could be what you're looking for.…Obviously it works and plays well…with existing VMware solutions…including their virtualization engine.…Obviously it's been around for awhile…therefore most of the bugs and issues have been worked out.…
The assumption is private hardware and networks…with their security.…We're not assuming it's going to be in a public cloud.…We assume it's going to be a private cloud…and we're going to own the hardware and software.…The idea being that the majority of the security approach…is really assuming that your workloads…are going to be on a private network,…on a private computing system, a private cloud.…They're designing this security system appropriately.…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.