In some cases, organizations depend upon vendors to provide services that directly contribute to the information security program. These vendors, known as Managed Security Service Providers, or MSSPs, play a critical role in meeting security requirements. In this video, learn about the role that MSSPs play in enterprise security.
- As organizations seek to outsource components of their…technology infrastructure, they often turn to vendors…to perform tasks that they either consider commodities…or believe can be more efficiently and effectively…performed by a third party.…In some cases, this means turning to outside firms…to provide critical security services.…Vendors that provide security services…for other organizations are known as managed security…service providers, or MSSPs.…The services provided by MSSPs are known as security…as a service services.…
MSSPs play a critical role in the organization's…security program and should be carefully monitored…to ensure that they are living up to their status…as trusted partners and are effectively meeting…the organization's security objectives.…MSSPs vary widely in the scope of their services…and may perform different services for different clients.…Some MSSPs take over complete responsibility…for managing an organization's security infrastructure.…
Others perform a specific task, such as log monitoring,…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.