As the senior information security leader in an organization, the chief information security officer, or CISO, has overall responsibility for security matters. The CISO typically leads a team responsible for ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability controls are enforced. Security teams must practice the principles of due care and due diligence.
- [Instructor] Security roles and responsibilities…may differ between organizations,…but there are several common themes…that exist across almost all businesses.…The senior information security leader…in an organization is commonly known…as the chief information security officer, or CISO.…This title is also sometimes pronounced CISO.…In some organizations, the CISO may have a different title…such as director of information security…or chief security officer.…
Another difference between organizations…lies in where the CISO reports.…In some cases the CISO reports…to the chief information officer, the CIO,…an organization's most senior IT leader.…In other cases the CISO reports…to a risk management or audit function…providing a degree of separation…between the individual responsible for IT…and the individual responsible for ensuring…that IT has effective security controls.…The CISO normally leads a team…of information security professionals.…
The size of that team will vary…depending upon the size of the organization,…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.