Security, privacy, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are three separate entities. With a massive adoption of IoT, there is a potential of the three worlds colliding without laws, guidelines, or standard language.
- [Host] In the wild, wild west, there were no laws.…But there was something called a "cowboy code",…which had a certain set of rules of conduct.…For example, look out for your own,…do what has to be done, practice gratitude,…and help someone in need, even a stranger or an enemy.…When dealing with the Internet of Things, there is no law.…There are no guidelines.…
There is no standard language.…There is no code.…Security, privacy and the Internet of Things,…are three separate entities.…With a massive adoption of the IoT,…there's a potential of these three worlds colliding.…The Internet of Things is a collection of devices…attached to the internet, that collect and exchange…data using nodes and controllers.…
The goal of the Internet of Things,…is to improve the quality of life,…and provide benefits to business.…Many of us are not aware of how the…Internet of Things will change the…way we live, work and play.…However, the IoT is an emerging technology…that is expanding quickly, with huge gaps in security,…and is plagued with flaws, malware,…
In this course, join Lisa Bock as she explores the relationship between security, privacy, and the IoT. Lisa discusses how the vulnerabilities in IoT devices have the potential to compromise user privacy and make them more susceptible to attacks and glitches. In addition, she discusses IoT privacy concerns; existing standards, regulations, and guidelines, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley; and proposed standards and legislation that are currently in the works to ensure the privacy of the data collected on the IoT.
- Security, privacy, and the IoT
- Attacks and glitches
- Denial-of-sleep attacks
- Voice and sound attacks
- IoT vulnerabilities
- Glitches and compatibility issues
- Privacy concerns
- Existing standards and regulations
- Proposed standards and legislation
- Firewalls and IDS
Skill Level Intermediate
Raspberry Pi: Home Monitoring and Controlwith David Ross1h 29m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Mobile Devices and Platformswith Malcolm Shore1h 47m Intermediate
2. Potential Attacks and Glitches
5. Existing Standards and Regulations
6. Proposed Standards and Legislation
7. Securing IoT Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.