Security depends upon the behavior of individuals. An intentional or accidental misstep by a single user can completely undermine many security controls, exposing an organization to unacceptable levels of risk. In this video, learn how security training programs help protect organizations against these risks.
- [Instructor] Security depends upon…the behavior of individuals.…An intentional or accidental misstep…by a single user can completely undermine…many security controls exposing an organization…to unacceptable levels of risk.…Security training programs help protect…organizations against these risks.…Security education programs…include two important components.…Security training provides users…with the detailed information that they need…to protect the organization's security.…
These may use a variety of delivery techniques,…but the bottom line goal is to impart knowledge.…Security training takes time and attention from students.…Security awareness is meant to remind employees…about the security lessons that they've already learned.…Unlike security training,…awareness doesn't require a commitment of time…to sit down and learn new material.…Instead, awareness efforts use posters,…videos, email messages, and similar techniques…to keep security top of mind…for those who've already learned the core lessons.…
Organizations may use a variety of different methods…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed Learning Path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.