Security depends upon the behavior of individuals. An intentional or accidental misstep by a single user can completely undermine many security controls, exposing an organization to unacceptable levels of risk. In this video, learn how security training programs help protect organizations against these risks.
- [Instructor] Security depends upon…the behavior of individuals.…An intentional or accidental misstep by a single user…can completely undermine many security controls,…exposing an organization to unacceptable levels of risk.…Security training programs help protect…organizations against these risks.…Security education programs include…two important components.…Security training provides users…with the detailed information that they need…to protect the organization's security.…
These may use a variety of delivery techniques…but the bottom line goal is to impart knowledge.…Security training takes time and attention from students.…Security awareness is meant to remind employees…about the security lessons that they've already learned.…Unlike security training, awareness doesn't require…commitment of time to sit down and learn new material.…Instead, awareness efforts use posters, videos,…email messages, and similar techniques…to keep security top of mind for those…who've already learned the core lessons.…
Organizations may use a variety of different methods…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.