In this video, learn about the importance of policies in reducing risk. Learn about the major types of security policies, including privacy, acceptable use, and information security policies. Also learn about the basic principles of security policy, including least privilege, separation of duties, mandatory vacations, and job rotation.
- [Instructor] Every organization approaches…security policies a little bit differently.…The details of an organization's policy will vary…depending upon several factors,…including the culture of an organization.…For example, an organization with a relaxed,…empowering culture might have very few policies…that don't contain detailed security restrictions.…The details of security policies also depend upon…the industry that the organization is in.…For example, healthcare providers will likely…have greater control around data privacy…than a publishing company would.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.