From a security perspective, hiring a new employee is one of the most important decisions that an organization makes. In this video, learn about the importance of candidate screening, reference checks, and employment/education verification. Also learn about including policy reviews and employment agreements in the hiring process.
- [Narrator] From a security perspective,…hiring a new employee is one of the most…important decisions that an organization makes.…The insider threat is real.…An organization's employees have privileged access…to all kinds of sensitive information and systems.…Of course, it's impossible to filter out…all of the bad apples,…but organizations have a responsibility to ensure…that security plays a prominent role in the hiring process.…Spending a little extra time on security issues…before hiring an employee…can help avoid costly mistakes.…
Every organization should perform…preemployment screening to verify…the backgrounds of potential hires.…The timing an contents of this screening will vary…based upon the type of organization,…the job position, and legal constraints…in the specific state or country…where the employee is hired.…Some common components of preemployment screening…include checking for a criminal background…in all states and countries where the employee…has lived or worked,…verifying that an employee is not listed…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.