From a security perspective, hiring a new employee is one of the most important decisions that an organization makes. In this video, learn about the importance of candidate screening, reference checks, and employment and education verification. Additionally, learn about including policy reviews and employment agreements in the hiring process.
- [Narrator] From a security perspective,…hiring a new employee is one of the most important…decisions that an organization makes.…The insider threat is real,…and organizations' employees have privileged access…to all kinds of sensitive information and systems.…Of course, it's impossible to filter out…all of the bad apples,…but organizations have a responsibility…to ensure that security plays a prominent role…in the hiring process.…Spending a little extra time on security issues…before hiring an employee…can help avoid costly mistakes.…
Every organization should perform…pre-employment screening to verify…the backgrounds of potential hires.…The timing and contents of this screening will vary…based upon the type of organization,…the job position, and legal constraints…in the specific state or country…where the employee is hired.…Some common components of pre-employment screening…include checking for a criminal background…in all states and countries…where the employee has lived or worked,…verifying that an employee is not listed…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.