Learn about security and governance solutions that Softlayer provides.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's talk about…IBM SoftLayer public cloud security.…First, what's important to understand…is that it's dependent on IBM enterprise security services…for SoftLayer security.…So whether it's a base layer of stuff in SoftLayer,…you'll find that most of what IBM offers…in terms of security,…and they offer a pretty rich package of security…including identity-based management encryption,…governance, multifactor authentication and other things,…so there's going to be an overlap between what IBM offers…and what they offer in the public cloud which is fine…because I think IBM, as a company,…their advantage is going to be they're able to extend…their existing on-premise infrastructure…into their public cloud which is SoftLayer.…
So it's a pretty good solution…if you're a traditional IBM shop.…So if I've been buying IBM for the last 10 years,…then moving to SoftLayer should be a really easy transition.…SoftLayer may not have the features and functions…of Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure,…but it's going to provide me…
- Public cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Reviewing Microsoft Azure
- Reviewing Google Cloud Platform
- Reviewing IBM Softlayer
Skill Level Beginner
1. Public Cloud Basics
2. Public Cloud Platforms
3. Amazon Web Services
4. Microsoft Azure
5. Google Cloud Platform
6. IBM Softlayer
Next steps3m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.