Security professionals spend the majority of their time designing, implementing, and managing security controls as countermeasures to the risks they identify during risk assessments. In this video, learn how to select appropriate security controls and how physical, logical, and administrative controls work together to build a defense-in-depth approach to information security.
- [Instructor] Security professionals spend the majority…of their time designing, implementing,…and managing security controls…as countermeasures to the risks…they identify during risk assessments.…Security controls are the procedures and mechanisms…that an organization puts in place…to address security risks in some manner.…This might include trying to reduce…the likelihood of a risk materializing,…minimizing the impact of a risk if it does occur,…or detecting security issues that take place.…
Before we move into the area of cybersecurity,…let's think for a moment about the way…that you secure your home.…You probably use a variety of different security controls.…You certainly have locks on your doors and windows…designed to keep out intruders,…minimizing the risk of a burglary.…That's just common sense.…You might also have a burglar alarm designed…to detect intrusions, security cameras to record activity…inside your home, automatic light switches…to deter a burglar by simulating human activity,…and any number of other controls.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.