Explore the security and compliance best practices for cloud environments as well as acceptable use policies.
- [Instructor] Company's security policies.…Let's go ahead and discuss what a security policy is.…A security policy is essentially a document…or a set of documents that should govern…the process and procedures taken…to protect business or privacy information…from intrusion by use of any IT systems or cloud resources.…Generally, a security policy should be…part of a governance procedure.…However, one of the other things about security policies…that generally has been widely accepted…is that it is a best practice.…
Let's proceed and talk more about security policies.…Security policies should establish controlled resources.…So what is controlled, what is not, have boundaries.…As part of security policy,…having an acceptable use policy for your users…would also be recommended.…Security policies can be time consuming,…but they are definitely needed.…Training your user base about your security policies…and acceptable use policies would be…a wise investment in time for you organization.…
You should also audit your policies routinely.…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks