Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Securing mobile accounts, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Narrator] To take advantage of most of the…incredible functionality of a smart phone,…manufacturers require membership in their ecosystems.…For iOS devices, this membership is an Apple ID,…and, for Android, the membership is a Google Play account.…We will take some time to show how…to set up each, with security in mind,…but, at this time, I'm only interested…in security as a general principle.…Although Apple and Google have…different account requirements,…there are some simple practices recommended…for maintaining account security.…Create a strong password.…
What is meant by "strong" is up for interpretation,…however, both Apple and Google nudge…their users towards strong passwords.…Strong passwords have eight or more characters,…a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters,…and a mix of letters, numbers, and special characters.…In order to manage a strong password,…the following recommendations come from Apple and Google.…Don't use a password you use for other web services.…This is a common practice and opens access to…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.