Learn how to secure the cloud instance, ensuring that those not authorized to see it cannot do so.
- [Instructor] So let's talk about securing…our cloud storage instance.…So understand that there's a number…of different security approaches…that we can leverage for this,…identity based management, encryption systems,…things like that.…However what we're gonna do here is basically create…a security group which allows us to associate it…with a certain policy of security…which is assigned to the group.…So as we see here a security group is a set a firewall rules…that control the traffic for your instance.…And basically you use on this page to add yourself…to a particular group.…
What we're gonna do here is restrict RDP access…to your server by selecting My IP…from the drop down menu.…So we're in essence going to restrict the type…of user that can access the volume…by selecting the security group that I'm going to be in.…So let's go ahead and do it.…So My IP is selected as you can see…in the right hand side of your screen.…Do a drop down menu.…So if you don't already have a key pair…create one now, hang on to this as it's used…
- Block storage, object storage, and file storage
- Planning cloud storage
- Allocating storage instances on AWS
- Securing storage instances
- Usage-based accounting
- Defining costs, projected growth, and implementation plans
- Cloud storage use cases
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
1. Cloud Storage Basics
2. AWS Cloud Storage
3. Cloud Storage Planning
4. Cloud Storage Use Cases
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.