In this video, you can learn about the importance of backing up your data before initiating a migration plan and how to ensure your data remains secure during and after the migration.
- [Instructor] Before migration to the cloud,…you need to learn about the options that are out there.…Since software as a service applications…are so easy to purchase with a credit card,…many IT organizations don't even have a clear picture…of how many seats of various cloud applications…are actually being used within their enterprises,…so that's the first issue that needs to be rectified.…The next step is to determine what information…is being stored and processed in these clouds,…and put the right data protection model in place…to ensure sensitive and private information…is being properly safeguarded.…
For newer areas where cloud-based solutions…are being considered,…like CRM, or customer relationship management,…or human capital management,…CIOs should work closely with their security and legal teams…to identify what legal and sector-specific…compliance guidelines they need to follow…in order to protect sensitive information,…and organizations that need to create…their own set of guidelines and best practices…
- Cloud components and infrastructure
- Cloud computing benefits
- Cloud security
- Cloud storage considerations
- Working with Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, iCloud, and more
- Using collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, and more
- Migrating to the cloud
- Monitoring the performance of your cloud services
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Evaluate Cloud Computing for Business
3. Cloud Storage
About storage providers2m 1s
4. Cloud Tools and Services
5. Cloud Tools for Teams
6. Migrate to the Cloud
7. Evaluate Cloud Performance
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.