In this video, Marc Menninger describes how to scan wireless networks. Discover different forms of wireless technologies, different tools for performing wireless network scanning, and NIST guidelines for security wireless networks.
- There are many forms of wireless technologies,…such as, cellular networks, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth.…Because they are so common these days,…they are susceptible to malicious attacks.…How can you test the security…of this vast array of wireless networks?…Well, let's limit our focus of wireless technologies…to WLAN, or Wireless Local Area Networks.…Because of how easy it is…to implement wireless solutions,…WLANs can quickly get out of control…if they're not being actively managed.…
Indications that a wireless network…may be poorly managed include,…lack of enforcement of wireless security controls,…such as, strong encryption on the wireless transmissions,…users joining wireless networks…they're not authorized access,…and unauthorized wireless access points…are used to circumvent security,…or even worse, to collect user credentials…and other sensitive information.…For these reasons and more,…wireless network scanning is an important step…in the process of identifying…and analyzing targets.…
Before conducting a wireless network security assessment,…
- Developing technical security assessments
- Conducting technical security reviews
- Identifying and analyzing targets
- Validating target vulnerabilities
- Planning a technical assessment
- Conducting a technical assessment
- Implementing remediation and mitigation
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Technical Security Assessments
2. Technical Security Assessment Reviews
3. Identify and Analyze Targets
4. Validate Target Vulnerabilities
5. Planning Technical Security Assessments
6. Executing the Technical Security Assessment
7. Post-Testing Activities
Report the results2m 16s
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.