In this video, Marc Menninger describes how to scan wireless networks. Discover different forms of wireless technologies, different tools for performing wireless network scanning, and NIST guidelines for security wireless networks.
- There are many forms of wireless technologies,…such as, cellular networks, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth.…Because they are so common these days,…they are susceptible to malicious attacks.…How can you test the security…of this vast array of wireless networks?…Well, let's limit our focus of wireless technologies…to WLAN, or Wireless Local Area Networks.…Because of how easy it is…to implement wireless solutions,…WLANs can quickly get out of control…if they're not being actively managed.…
Indications that a wireless network…may be poorly managed include,…lack of enforcement of wireless security controls,…such as, strong encryption on the wireless transmissions,…users joining wireless networks…they're not authorized access,…and unauthorized wireless access points…are used to circumvent security,…or even worse, to collect user credentials…and other sensitive information.…For these reasons and more,…wireless network scanning is an important step…in the process of identifying…and analyzing targets.…
Before conducting a wireless network security assessment,…
- Cite the three phases of external security assessments.
- Explain the reasons for conducting a log review.
- Explain what network sniffing is and why it’s used.
- Describe when to use a file integrity checking tool.
- Differentiate between active network discovery and passive network discovery.
- Explain how to scan for vulnerabilities.
- Relate the three techniques useful for validating target vulnerabilities.
- Explain the four-stage methodology of conducting penetration tests.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Technical Security Assessments
2. Technical Security Assessment Reviews
3. Identify and Analyze Targets
4. Validate Target Vulnerabilities
5. Planning Technical Security Assessments
6. Executing the Technical Security Assessment
7. Post-Testing Activities
Report the results2m 16s
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.