Identification and authentication can be an annoying process for end users and difficult to manage for organizations. The concepts of federation and single sign-on seek to reduce some of this burden. In this video, learn the concepts of single sign-on, federation, and transitive trusts.
- [Narrator] Identification and authentication…can be an annoying process for end users…and difficult to manage for organizations.…The concepts of federation and single sign-on…seek to reduce some of this burden.…Federated identity management leverages the fact…that a single individual may have accounts…across a wide variety of systems.…When organizations agree to federate…their identity management systems, they share…some of this information across the organizations.…This reduces the number of individual identities…that a user must have and eases the burden…on both the user and the organization.…
You're probably already familiar…with some federated identity management systems.…When you logon to websites using your Google account,…Facebook Connect, or Twitter account,…you're using federated identity management.…Single sign-on goes a step further…and shares authenticated sessions across systems.…Many organizations create SSO solutions…within their organizations to help users…avoid the burden of repeatedly authenticating.…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Identity security issues
- Using biometric measures as identification mechanisms
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- How LDAP and Kerberos work together
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
- Mandatory and discretionary access controls
- Defending against password attacks
- Social engineering attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Access Control Exploits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.