To join one of Mike's free study groups for access to bonus tips and practice questions, visit certmike.com.
- TCP/IP networking
- Network security devices
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Storage networks
- Securing networks
- Network attacks
- Wireless networking and security
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple. And I'd like to welcome you to our SSCP Communications and Network Security Course. The System Security Certified Practitioner Certification is a popular entry-level certification for information security professionals. Earning the SSCP Certification requires passing an exam covering seven different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, communications and network security. This domain accounts for 16% of the questions on the exam and this course is part of an eight-course series designed to prepare you for the SSCP test. In this course, we'll be focusing on understanding security issues related to networks, protecting telecommunications technologies, controlling network access, managing land-based security, operating and configuring network-based security devices, and implementing and operating wireless technologies. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the SSCP Exam and it will also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to the information I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and join my free SSCP study group. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. All right, let's get rolling.
Q: This course was updated on 07/27/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover network relationships and security device placement.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Networks and communications1m 31s
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Network Attacks
7. Wireless Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.