- Building an incident response program
- Escalation and notification
- eDiscovery process
- Conducting investigations
- System and file forensics
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Business continuity planning
- Validating backups
- Testing BC/DR plans
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I would like to welcome you to our SSCP Incident Response and Recovery course. The System Security Certified Practitioner's certification is a popular entry level certification for information security professionals. Earning the SSCP certification requires passing an exam covering seven different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, Incident Response and Recovery. This domain accounts for 13% of the questions on the real test, and this course is part of an eight course series designed to prepare you for the SSCP exam.
In this course, we'll be focusing on participating in incident handling, understanding and supporting forensic investigations, and understanding and supporting business continuity planning and disaster recovery planning efforts. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the SSCP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to the information I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and join one of my free study groups.
I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. All right, let's get rolling.
Q: This course was updated on 06/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated three videos, covering creating an incident response program, communications plan, and response team.