- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple. I'd like to welcome you to our SSCP Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis course. The System Security Certified Practitioner certification is a popular entry-level certification for information security professionals. Earning the SSCP certification requires passing an exam, covering seven different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, risk identification, monitoring, and analysis.
This domain accounts for 15% of the questions on the exam, and this course is part of an eight course series designed to prepare you for the SSCP test. In this course we'll be focusing on understanding the risk management process, performing security assessment activities, operating and maintaining monitoring systems, and analyzing monitoring results. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the SSCP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
In addition to the information that I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com, and join my free SSCP study group. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. All right, let's get rolling.
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.