To join one of Mike's free study groups for access to bonus tips and practice questions, visit certmike.com.
- Identity and access management
- Using access cards and biometrics
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- Device authentication
- Identity management life cycle
- Access control lists
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our SSCP access controls course. The system security certified practitioner certification is a popular entry-level certification for information security professionals. Earning the SSCP certification requires passing an exam covering seven different domains of information security. This course covers one of those domains, access control. This domain accounts for 16% of the questions on the real test. And this course is part of an eight core series designed to prepare you for the SSCP exam. In this course we'll be focusing on implementing authentication mechanisms, operating internetwork trust architectures, participating in the identity management lifecycle and implementing access controls. The information you learn in this course will help you pass the SSCP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to the information I cover in this course I encourage you to visit my [email protected] and join my free SSEP study group. I'll send you exam tips practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. All right, let's get rolling.
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover subject/object model. In addition, the following topics were updated: registration and identity proofing, SSO and federation, and advanced authorization concepts.