Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Risks of mobile devices, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Instructor] Part of the magic of a mobile device…is how much it accomplishes for you…without any input from the user.…These benefits are accomplished through the innovative…integration of a slew of technological advancements.…The problem is, in order to make them function…with simplicity, almost all of the technologies…are hidden from the user.…Simplicity for the user is a powerful driver.…Their ability to simplify even small parts…of our daily lives has made the adoption…of mobile devices groundbreaking.…The hardware of a mobile device accomplishes more…than any desktop or laptop ever built.…
Like little always on beacons, mobile device radios…keep you connected, the cameras can see what you see,…the microphones can hear what you hear,…a suite of sensors track your activity and location,…measure the light in the room…and chat with outside sensors and Bluetooth devices…all without your explicit permission or awareness.…Generally, most mobile devices contain the following…technology that must be considered when establishing…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.