Cybersecurity teams have a wide variety of risk identification, assessment, and management tools at their disposal. Risk visibility and reporting techniques ensure that the results of these risk management processes are clearly documented and tracked over time. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the use of risk registers, audit findings, and threat-intelligence sharing in a cybersecurity program.
- [Instructor] Cybersecurity teams have…a wide variety of risk identification, assessment,…and management tools at their disposal.…You've already learned about many of them…in this course.…Risk visibility and reporting techniques ensure…that the results of these risk management processes are…clearly documented and tracked over time.…The core tool that most organizations use…for maintaining ongoing visibility into risks is…the risk register.…
The risk register is a centralized document…that attracts information about the nature…and status of each risk facing the organization.…Risk registers may be used on an organization wide basis…or they may be used to track the risks associated…with a single project or subject domain.…In some cases risk registers may be…referred to as risk logs.…Risk registers vary from organization to organization,…but they typically contain the following…types of information.…
A description of each risk.…A categorization scheme used to group the risks…into similar segments.…The results of a risk assessment including…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.