Cybersecurity teams have a wide variety of risk identification, assessment, and management tools at their disposal. Risk visibility and reporting techniques ensure that the results of these risk management processes are clearly documented and tracked over time. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the use of risk registers, audit findings, and threat intelligence sharing in a cybersecurity program.
- [Narrator] Cybersecurity teams have a wide variety…of risk identification, assessment, and management…tools at their disposal.…You've already learned about many of them in this course.…Risk visibility and reporting techniques…ensure that the results of these risk management processes…are clearly documented and tracked over time.…The core tool that most organizations use…for maintaining ongoing visibility into risks…is the risk register.…The risk register is a centralized document…that tracks information about the nature…and status of each risk facing the organization.…
Risk registers may be used on an organization-wide basis…or they may be used to track the risks…associated with a single project or subject domain.…In some cases, risk registers may be…referred to as risk logs.…Risk registers vary from organization to organization,…but they typically contain…the following types of information.…A description of each risk.…A categorization scheme used to group the risks…into similar segments.…The results of a risk assessment,…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.