When an organization encounters a risk, it must take some action to help manage that risk. In this video, learn about the five possible risk management actions—risk avoidance, risk transference, risk acceptance, risk mitigation, and risk deterrence—and how organizations can use those strategies to manage risks.
- [Instructor] Once you complete a risk assessment…for your organization, you are left…with a prioritized list of risks…that require your attention.…Risk management is the process of systematically…analyzing potential responses to each risk,…and implementing strategies to control…those risks appropriately.…No matter what type of risk you're managing,…you have five basic options for addressing the situation.…You can perform risk avoidance, risk transference,…risk mitigation, risk acceptance, or risk deterrence.…
When you avoid a risk, you change your organization's…business practices so that you are…no longer in a position where that risk…can affect your business.…In the last video, we performed a risk assessment…of the risk that flooding posed to…an organization's data center.…If we chose to pursue a risk avoidance strategy…for that risk, we might relocate our data center…to a facility where there is no risk of flood damage.…Transferring a risk attempts to shift…the impact of a risk from your organization…to another organization.…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.