Risk assessments provide organizations with an important way to identify and evaluate risks. In this video, learn about the risk assessment process, including the identification of threats, threat vectors, risk, and vulnerabilities. Also learn the importance of assessing risk likelihood and impact through qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
- [Narrator] Risks are everywhere…in the world of information security.…From hackers and malware…to lost devices and missing security patches,…there's a lot on the plate…of information security professionals.…Of course, addressing each one of these risks…takes both time and money.…Therefore, information security professionals…need to prioritize their risk lists…in order to spend these precious resources…where they will have the greatest security effect.…That's where risk assessment comes into play.…Risk assessment is the process…of identifying and triaging the risks…facing an organization based upon…the likelihood of their occurrence…and the expected impact they will have…on the organization's operations.…
We need a common language around risk.…In everyday life people often use the terms…threat, risk, and vulnerability interchangeably.…They're actually three different concepts.…A threat is a some external force…that jeopardizes the security…of your information and systems.…Threats might be naturally occurring…such as hurricanes and wildfires,…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.