In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, prepare for domain 5 of the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration.
- [Jason] How does research, development, and collaboration help us in establishing and maintaining the security of our enterprise networks? Well, as we dig into the research, development, and collaboration domain, the fifth and final domain in the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner course, we're going to find out. First, we're going to cover the research methods that are used to determine industry trends and their impacts on our networks. Next, we're going to introduce the security activities that are used across the system and software development life cycles.
Finally, we're going to focus on the collaboration and the interaction that occurs between diverse business units to achieve our security goals. As we cover these topics, I'm going to provide you with not only the theoretical or textbook perspective, but also an operational one by discussing how these areas are used to better secure your organization's enterprise networks and systems. My name is Jason Dion and I've been working in the IT and cybersecurity field for over two decades where I have engineered, designed and operated enterprise architectures for networks that literally span dozens of countries across the globe.
I'm excited to share with you not just the information that you need to know to pass the exam, but also some real-world experiences that'll help you understand the importance of research, development, and collaboration in ensuring the security of your enterprise architectures so that you can provide a layered security approach for your networks. So please join me in this course on research, development, and collaboration.
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management