Communication is an essential part of cybersecurity incident response efforts. Incident response teams must notify key stakeholders about the incident, provide updates, and maintain a permanent record of the incident. In this video, learn about how to report and document cybersecurity incidents.
- [Instructor] Communication is an essential part…of cybersecurity incident response efforts.…Incident response teams must notify…key stakeholders about the incident, provide updates,…and maintain a permanent record of the incident.…There are three important components to incident reporting.…The first is notification,…ensuring that everyone who needs to know about an incident…is aware that an incident response effort is underway.…The second is real-time updates,…ensuring that those who need to be familiar…with the response efforts are kept informed along the way.…
And the third is documentation,…ensuring that there is a permanent record kept…of the incident details and the response effort.…Notification is a key responsibility of incident responders.…As early as possible in an incident,…responders should trigger notification of key personnel,…both inside the organization,…and, if necessary, external responders.…Every organization should have a specific list…of individuals to contact in the event of an incident.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.