Communication is an essential part of cybersecurity incident response efforts. Incident response teams must notify key stakeholders about the incident, provide updates, and maintain a permanent record of the incident. In this video, learn about how to report and document cybersecurity incidents.
- [Instructor] Communication is an essential…part of cyber security incident response efforts.…Incident response teams must notify…key stakeholders about the incident, provide updates,…and maintain a permanent record of the incident.…There are three important components to incident reporting.…The first is notification ensuring that…everyone who needs to know about an…incident is aware that an incident…response effort is under way.…The second is real-time updates.…
Ensuring that those who need to be…familiar with the response efforts…are kept informed along the way.…And the third is documentation.…Ensuring that there is a permanent record…kept of the incident details and the response effort.…Notification is a key responsibility of incident responders.…As early as possible in an incident,…responders should trigger notification of key personnel,…both inside the organization and…if necessary extra in the responders.…Every organization should have a…specific list of individuals to contact…in the event of an incident.…
- Building an incident response program
- Escalation and notification
- eDiscovery process
- Conducting investigations
- System and file forensics
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Business continuity planning
- Validating backups
- Testing BC/DR plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated three videos, covering creating an incident response program, communications plan, and response team.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
1. Incident Management
2. Investigations and Forensics
3. Business Continuity
4. Disaster Recovery
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.