Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Report scan results, part of SSCP Cert Prep: 3 Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis.
- [Instructor] Vulnerability scans can only be useful…if you communicate the results of those scans…to people who actually have the ability to resolve…the vulnerabilities of the scan detected.…That's where reporting comes into play.…The most important thing that you should consider…when planning vulnerability scan communication…is your target audience.…It's likely that you'll want to share the results…of scans with several different groups of people.…For example, the cyber security team…is probably interested in the nitty gritty of scan results.…
They want details about the systems affected,…the specific vulnerabilities uncovered…and remediation steps.…Management, on the other hand,…is probably less interested in the technical detail…and more interested in tracking the highest risk…vulnerabilities and monitoring trends over time.…They'll want to be able to answer questions like…have we addressed our most serious issues?…And how long is it taking us on average…to resolve the most important vulnerabilities?…System and network engineers will also be…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.