Join Barton Poulson for an in-depth discussion in this video Relational ethics, part of AI Accountability Essential Training.
- [Instructor] It may seem odd…to talk about relational ethics…in a course on artificial intelligence…but I guarantee you there are connections between these two.…Relational ethics affects the way that AI works.…The reason is that AI makes decisions that affect people.…Things like what articles to put in your news feed,…or how to categorize photos,…how to reach a destination,…what products to recommend,…whether to flag a credit card application as fraudulent…and whether to approve mortgage application,…which medical diagnosis to use…and which treatment to recommend.…
All of these are things…that have varying levels of impact…on a person's life including things like…what job ads to show them,…whether they should get the job,…whether the should get on parole,…all of these affect people's lives…and so the way that you connect with them…because it's not just some…sort of arbitrary justice kiosk,…it's something that affects people's lives…and they want to feel that they can trust it.…And one of the things that you find…
- Bias in AI
- Navigating the social challenges of AI
- Moral reasoning and relational ethics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and AI
- Discrimination in data
- Liability and AI
- AI in life-and-death situations
- Confronting the challenges of AI as a developer, executive, and consumer
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Context for AI
2. Technical Challenges of AI
3. Social Challenges of AI
4. Legal Challenges of AI
5. Safety Challenges of AI
AI in the military4m 36s
6. Confronting the Challenges of AI
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.