Quantitative risk assessment provides organizations with a way to numerically assess risks. In this video, learn the quantitative risk assessment process. This includes computing annualized loss expectancy, single loss expectancy, annualized rate of occurrence, mean time to repair, mean time to failure, and mean time between failures.
- [Instructor] When we're able to gather…quantitative data about our assets and risks,…we can you that information…to make data-informed decisions about risk.…The process of using numeric data…to assist in risk decisions is known…as quantitative risk assessment.…Security professionals performing…quantitative risk assessment do so…for a single risk/asset pairing.…For example, they might conduct an assessment…based upon the risk of flooding…to a data center facility.…As they conduct this assessment,…they must first determine the values for several variables.…
The first of these variables is the asset value, or AV.…This is, quite simply, the estimated value in dollars…of the asset.…Risk assessors determining an asset's value…have several options at their disposal.…The original cost technique simply looks at invoices…from an asset purchase…and uses the purchase prices to determine the asset value.…This is the easiest technique to perform…because it simply requires looking at invoices,…however, it is often criticized…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.