Quantitative risk assessment provides organizations with a way to numerically assess risks. In this video, learn about the quantitative risk assessment process. This includes computing annualized loss expectancy, single loss expectancy, annualized rate of occurrence, mean time to repair, mean time to failure, and mean time between failures.
- [Narrator] When we're able to gather…quantitative data about our assets and risks,…we can use that information…to make data-informed decisions about risk.…The process of using numeric data…to assist in risk decisions…is known as quantitative risk assessment.…Security professionals performing…quantitative risk assessment…do so for a single risk asset pairing.…For example, they might conduct an assessment…based upon the risk of flooding to a data center facility.…As they conduct this assessment,…they must first determine the values…for several variables.…
The first of these variables is the asset value or AV.…This is quite simply…the estimated value in dollars of the asset.…Risk assessors determining an asset's value…have several options at their disposal.…The original cost technique simply looks at invoices…from an asset purchase…and uses the purchase prices to determine the asset value.…This is the easiest technique to perform…because it simply requires looking at invoices.…However, it is often criticized…because the cost to actually replace an asset…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.