Public cloud services come in a variety of different forms. In this video, learn about the three tiers of public cloud computing: infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and software as a service. Also, learn about the security risks associated with each of the three approaches.
- [Instructor] Public cloud services…come in a variety of different forms.…Let's take a look at the three tiers…of public cloud computing,…software as a service,…infrastructure as a service,…and platform as a service.…In a Software as a Service model,…the public cloud provider…delivers an entire application to its customers.…The customers don't need to worry…about processing, storage, networking,…or any of the infrastructure details of that cloud service.…The vendor writes the application, configures the servers,…and basically gets everything running for customers…who then simply use the service.…
Very often these services are accessed…through a standard web browser…so very little if any configuration…is required on the customer's end.…Common examples of software as a service applications…include email delivered by Google apps…or Microsoft Office 365…and storage services that facilitate collaboration…and synchronization across devices such as Box and Dropbox.…SaaS applications can also be very specialized…such as credit card processing services…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.