Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Provisioning and deprovisioning, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 5 Identity and Access Management.
- [Narrator] Account administrators are responsible…for managing the provisioning and…de-provisioning of user accounts.…This involves two core activities.…When a new user joins the organization,…administrators ensure that they go through…the appropriate onboarding process,…and then they provision a user account for that individual.…This involves creating authentication credentials,…and granting the user appropriate authorizations…based upon their job function.…Then, when a user leaves the organization,…administrators ensure that they go through…an off-boarding process that includes…de-provisioning the account to remove their credentials…and authorizations at the appropriate time.…
If account administrators fail to precisely time…the access revocation, two undesirable situations may occur.…First, if the account is terminated before the employee…is informed of his or her termination,…the employee may gain advanced notice…of the impending termination, and take…retaliatory action against the employer.…Second, if the account is not terminated immediately…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Identity security issues
- Using biometric measures as identification mechanisms
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- How LDAP and Kerberos work together
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
- Mandatory and discretionary access controls
- Defending against password attacks
- Social engineering attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Access Control Exploits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.