In this video, learn how to provide guidance to senior management concerning security issues effectively.
- [Instructor] Senior leadership and management…will often look to you for recommendations…and solutions to their technical challenges.…It's your responsibility to provide them…with objective guidance and impartial recommendations…in regard to the different types of processes…and controls that could be implemented…to help secure the organization.…As covered in the risk management domain,…there are three main types of security controls used,…administrative or management controls,…logical or technical controls,…and physical controls.…
Administrative or management controls…include security policies, procedures, standards, baselines,…and guidelines that have all been established…through the governance of the organization.…These controls can be implemented to protect…the organization's systems, assets, and people.…Logical or technical controls can be implemented…to place restrictions on a system.…These usually consist of a piece of software or hardware…or some other configuration…that will prevent an action from occurring.…
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.