- [Instructor] So picking the compute…or processing layer is core to your application platform.…We discussed this before, we have to pick a CPU,…it's configured with a certain amount of memory,…it's configured with an operating system,…it's configured with things we need to use…to build and deploy applications.…So, lots of things go into understanding…how you're going to build this part of the platform.…You need to understand your processing requirements…and how to match up the requirements to a platform.…So, how many MIPS are needed, how much memory is needed,…and all these sorts of things…which comes to the science of hardware sizing…and even though we don't see the hardware,…in the case of public clouds…we still have to go through the analytical process…of understanding how to size our particular platform.…
The nice thing about this, however,…and leveraging the public cloud,…we can always add to it…and provision different kinds of processors…in a matter of minutes,…it's not a matter of taking back the hardware,…
- Cloud architecture basics
- What problems need to be solved?
- The "as is" and "to be" states
- Cloud storage, CPUs, and databases
- Building your first architecture
Skill Level Beginner
1. Cloud Architecture Introduction
2. Understand the Business Needs
3. It's All about the Cloud Parts
4. From Requirements to Solution
5. Build Your First Architecture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.