- Employee motivation is the individual desire…that they bring to work with them everyday.…Again, crafting your interview process…to look for internal or intrinsic motivation is key here.…Studies have shown that you can't really…motivate by fear or reward longterm.…The desire to succeed starts from within.…If employees aren't motivated, they won't be engaged,…and therefore not satisfied.…This is where retention and rewards come into play.…
Retention is defined as the organization's…ability to keep or retain their employees.…If a company has high turnover rates,…then your retention is low.…In the service desk industry,…you will have to research what has been…historically tracked for your organization,…but anything over 25% has been traditionally…viewed as high turnover.…This is where your rewards and recognitions programs…can help engage and retain employees.…But, just because you can have fun at work…and give away prizes doesn't mean you will keep…your employees motivated, engaged, and wanting to stay.…
So let's look at a few components that tie…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.