Privileged accounts belonging to system engineers, application administrators, and other users in sensitive roles require special protections. Privileged account management solutions put special controls in place to secure these accounts and monitor the activities of privileged users.
- [Narrator] Privileged accounts…belonging to system engineers,…application administrators,…and other users in sensitive roles…require special protection.…Privileged account management solutions…put special controls in place…to secure these privileged accounts…and monitor the activities of privileged users.…Let's talk about a few of the common components…found in privileged account management solutions.…Privileged account managers…provide password vaulting capabilities.…Password vaults are secure, encrypted repositories…that store the passwords used…to access sensitive accounts.…
The idea behind a password vault…is that nobody knows the actual password…to a privileged account.…These passwords are created automatically…by the password vault,…and when a user needs to login to a privileged account,…he or she logs into the password vault…and then the password vault logs in…to the target system.…This maintains the security…of the privileged account's password…and maintains accountability…even when multiple users…need to access the same privileged account.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.