Many of the laws that impact information security professionals are designed to protect the privacy of individuals and protect them against both identity theft and the unwanted disclosure of personal information. In this video, learn about HIPAA, HITECH, FERPA, GLBA, COPPA, the Privacy Act of 1974, and the European Union GDPR.
- [Instructor] Many of the laws that impact information…security professionals are designed to protect…the privacy of individuals and protect individuals…against both identity theft…and the unwanted disclosure of personal information.…In the United States, we have a patchwork of laws…that affect different industries…depending upon the nature of their business…and the types of sensitive information that they handle.…Probably the most well known of these laws…is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act,…or HIPPA.…
Passed in 1996, HIPPA places strict privacy and security…regulations on healthcare providers, health insurers,…and health information clearing houses.…These three groups, collectively known…as HIPPA covered entities, must ensure the privacy…and security of protected health information,…or PHI, that they handle.…HIPPA was updated in 2009 with the passage…of the Health Information Technology for Economic…and Clinical Health, or HITECH, Act.…
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA,…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.