Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Prioritize remediation, part of SSCP Cert Prep: 3 Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis.
- [Instructor] So you just ran your first…vulnerability scan and now you're staring at a…report that lists hundreds of systems,…each containing dozens of vulnerabilities.…This can be a very overwhelming sight for…the new cybersecurity analyst.…How can I possibly fix all of these things?…Well, let me share with you one important…piece of insight.…You're not going to fix all of these things.…There isn't enough time in the day to track down…every possible vulnerability in your…organization and frankly,…many of them aren't worth the effort.…
Let's talk about how we go about prioritizing…vulnerability remediation.…There are five major factors that we should…take into account when we're developing our…remediation priority list.…First, how critical is the system that…contains the vulnerability?…Is this a crucial web server that runs…the core of our business?…Or is it a test server that serves a small group…of developers who use it infrequently?…The more crucial a system,…the more important it is to resolve so that we…can avoid availability issues.…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.