Learn about presence, instant messaging, and email.
- [Instructor] Almost all modern workstations…now have applications to determine the presence of the user.…These presence utilities indicate whether a user…is available and their status,…such as online, busy, out to lunch,…in a meeting, or other common categories.…In the old days, many organizations…had a physical tracking board,…to know where their employees were.…But these days, most tracking is done online…through presence-enabled applications.…These presence utilities are generally embedded…into other communication tools,…such as voice over IP systems,…instant messaging services,…and even our email clients.…
The major issue with presence utilities…is that many don't include authentication…or provide confidentiality of the user.…Instead, they often rely on the underlying application,…such as the email client or the chat program…for those functions.…If you're architecting a new system…that will use presence as one of its features,…you should look for utility that relies…on a secure communication protocol,…like the extensible messaging and presence protocol,…
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.