Backup power solutions are examined to protect your technology. This video discusses how to determine the different levels of protection needed by your devices.
- [Voiceover] How great would it be…if your insurance company could prevent short disasters…from causing any harm to your car or home?…How much more would you be willing to pay…on your monthly premiums if they could…move your property out of harm's way,…in the event that you couldn't respond quickly enough?…After the last couple of segments,…reading the title to this video…may have given the impression that I was going to talk…about placing outlets in the right locations,…or making sure that you have enough…amperage coming through the breakers,…but I'm going to leave that up to you and your electrician.…
Instead, I'm going to discuss the need to provide…power protection to servers and network equipment.…When most people think of power protection,…they think of one of these: the power strip usually…has a fuse or breaker inside designed…to protect computers from a sudden surge or spike.…To a small degree, they can do that.…But your servers and other technical equipment…will need protecting from more than just surges.…
- Including IT in strategy
- What does IT bring to strategy?
- Communicating the big picture
- Selecting and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development activities
- Choosing the right hardware, platforms, and applications
- Who owns the devices?
- Site planning
- External and internal connectivity