Discover the importance of collaborating with the physical security manager.
- [Instructor] The physical security manager…at an organization…is responsible for the security of the buildings…and its contents.…Their role is to ensure that the location…is properly monitored to prevent intrusions…by unauthorized personnel.…This can be done by using physical boundaries,…such as fences, doors, and locks.…The physical security manager…may also utilize additional controls,…like security cards and closed-circuit television…as part of their overall protection plan.…As a cybersecurity professional,…you'll work with the physical security manager…to define what is considered…adequate protection for the facility.…
For example, is a normal door lock sufficient,…or are you going to need a security badge…and an RFID reader to maintain access control…to your offices and server rooms?…Therefore, any time that you're designing…or architecting a new physical security system,…you should consult with the physical security manager.…Like all personnel, the physical security manager…needs to attend annual security awareness training.…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.