Passwords are among the most common authentication mechanisms and it is important to ensure that they are secure. Administrators may use policy objects to securely configure passwords to require good password practices by end users. In this video, learn about password policies, including password complexity, expiration, history or reuse, and length requirements. Additionally, explore the password recovery, lockout, and disablement processes.
- [Instructor] Passwords are among the most common…authentication mechanisms and it's important to…ensure that they are secure.…Administrators may use group policy objects to…securely configure passwords to require good…password practices by end users.…Some password requirements exist to make sure…that passwords are difficult to guess and…resistant to brute force guessing attacks.…The first of these requirements is the password…length requirement.…Best practice is that passwords should be at…least eight characters long, although some organizations…require even longer passwords.…
The second requirement that makes passwords difficult…to guess is the password complexity requirement…that requires passwords include different types…of characters, such as uppercase letters,…lowercase letters, digits, and symbols.…Strong password management practices also realize…that sometimes passwords fall into the wrong hands,…and users should be protected against an attacker…retaining long-term access to their accounts.…Best practices in this area include…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.